Speechless
Mai pals ,  I am almost speechless, but I have to say a huge thanks to all of you for getting me to the finals of the Shorty Awards. This means so so much because less than a year ago no one had ever heard of a PawPawty and I did not know much about this thing called Twitter.

But how a year has changed all of that, now because of all of your help and support the PawPawty events on twitter have grown into the only regular event that uses the power of twitter to mobilise people all over the world to help animals in need.

We have raised over $23,000 for 20 shelters from all over the world
Animal Lovers worldwide have donated over 500 prizes for us to use in competitions
We even appeared as a trending topic on twitter on a number of occasions

We have created a strong community who care not only about animals but also about each other, and now we have the opportunity to share all of this with even more people.



Some great nominations that made me smile
@runrosierun I nominate @frugaldougal for a Shorty Award in #nonprofit because...touches the lives of homeless animals in a big way! 
@Doug Jumper I nominate @frugaldougal for a Shorty Award in #nonprofit because of his relentless efforts to improve the world! 
@Lou I nominate @frugaldougal for a Shorty Award in #nonprofit because he works so hard as CDO of pawpawty helping animals
@Indy the cat I nominate @frugaldougal for a Shorty Award in #nonprofit because... He found a way to do good and have fun too.
@Dave Baker I nominate @frugaldougal for a Shorty Award in #nonprofit because... his paws r so furry and he's a right wooofa!
@Sunny Harbour Cat Re I nominate @frugaldougal for a Shorty Award in #nonprofit because their tireless work for 'us' rescue's is amazing xx 
@Prof Cattus_Trophic I nominate @frugaldougal for a Shorty Award in #nonprofit because...he cares so much, raised money and awareness 
@Mr. Rusty Monkey I nominate @frugaldougal for a Shorty Award in #nonprofit because...he shows us all how to be more charitable tweets. 
@Melinda I nominate @frugaldougal for a Shorty Award in #nonprofit because there's no love like love from man's best friend! 
@Drive Industries I nominate @frugaldougal for a Shorty Award in #nonprofit because he helps animals around the globe!
@Louie Shiloh Beagle I nominate @frugaldougal for a Shorty Award in #nonprofit because he throws the awesomest pawpawties for good causes. 


If you want to see all of the nominations so far then here is the huge list!!


What's Next
The next stage in the awards opens on Monday 1st Feb at Noon EST and runs through to Friday 5th Noon EST. During this time more nominations will be allowed, at this stage I am not sure if only new nominations will be counted or if those of you who have already nominated  will be able to nominate again. Needless to say anything you can do to spread the word next week to ask your pals and all animal lovers to nominate me will help.

At the moment we are looking at the possibility of having another #shortypawpawty on Thursday 4th , which of course will be a chance to have some fun, spread awareness and  raise some money for anipals. As soon as all of the details are finalised we will be back in touch.

Now go off and rest those little paws, wings, and what ever else you type with because you are gonna need them next week.

Thanks so much for showing everyone the power that exists when a few like minded people get behind a purpose and make things happen, together we can do this one paw at a time.

My little doggie heart is bursting with joy!

More Soon
Frugal Dougal

PS Huge Congratulations to @bztat who is 3rd in #art,  VAStateParks who is 4th in #government , @zackrabbit who is 1st in awesome.
edit post
Related Posts with Thumbnails